RIO DE JANEIRO: Brazil have omitted West Ham United midfielder Lucas Paqueta from their squad for next month’s World Cup qualifiers amid media reports that the English FA and FIFA have opened an investigation into potential betting rule breaches. Brazil’s interim coach Fernando Diniz said he had omitted 25-year-old Paqueta at the last minute “for him to sort out his problems”. Sky Sports reported Paqueta as saying he had not placed any bets himself and was shocked by the reports. The Guardian said Paqueta was not accused of making bets. His Premier League club West Ham were not immediately available to comment. Forward Neymar, who joined Saudi Pro League side Al-Hilal on Tuesday, has been included in the squad that will face Bolivia on Sept. 8 and Peru four days later. The 31-year-old has not played for Brazil since last year’s World Cup while recovering from an ankle injury sustained in February. Diniz, who is also Fluminense coach, will lead Brazil in his first games as interim manager while the country’s FA awaits the hoped for arrival of Real Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti in 2024.