Four women of a family lost their lives after inhaling toxic spray on Saturday. The postmortem report revealed on Sunday that these women were found dead in Nagra, Toba Tek Singh, and had likely died of poisonous spray around 11 pm. District Police Officer Sadiq Dogar further added that samples of dead bodies would be sent for forensic testing. It may be pertinent to mention here that Punjab Chief Minister, Usman Buzdar, also took notice of this incident and directed Faisalabad’s regional police officer to submit a report in this regard. Only last month, five siblings and their aunt had died of food poisoning in Karachi. Faisal Zaman hailed from Quetta and was visiting Karachi with his wife Nida Faisal and their five children, Abdul Ali, Aziz Faisal, Alina, Tauheed and Salwa. Faisal’s sister, Beena, also accompanied them. The family had consumed food in Khuzdar on the way, with a brief stop at Hub to buy some snacks. Upon reaching Karachi, they ate biryani from Naubahar Restaurant at the guest house, they were staying in. Merely hours later, Nida complained of feeling uneasy and Faisal took her to a nearby private hospital. Upon returned to the guest house after admitting his wife there, he found his children in an unconscious state. Though he immediately moved them to a hospital, doctors pronounced them dead on arrival. Beena was also shifted to the intensive care unite in a critical condition, where she breathed her last, the following morning. Published in Daily Times, March 11th 2019.