KARACHI: The Sindh High Court on Wednesday sought arguments on the question of maintainability of a petition filed by former Chief Secretary Sindh Siddique Memon challenging a NAB inquiry against him in alleged illegal allotment of six acres land. A division bench of SHC headed by Chief Justice Ahmed Ali Sheikh heard the petition of Memon who had challenged NAB inquiry against him and other four officers for illegal allotment and regularization of land.A Deputy Attorney General Sindh said that Memon’s petition challenging NAB inquiry was not maintainable. A NAB prosecutor told the court that inquiry against Siddique Memon, Qadir Memon, GM Sohag, and others had been completed. After completing the inquiry, the matter has been sent to chairman NAB for approval to file reference.Upon this, a member of the bench Justice KK Agha asked NAB prosecutor to tell chairman NAB to complete the process expeditiously. To this, Memon’s counsel argued that the court can’t not direct chairman NAB to file reference. The judge replied that they were just reminding the chairman of his responsibilities not issuing any directive to him. The court while summoning NAB investigation officer for September 20 directed the counsels to advance arguments on the question of maintainability. Memon is currently on interim bail to avoid his possible arrest. NAB is investigating into charges of corruption against him and others of allegedly illegally allotting six acres land in Karachi in 1992 when he was the land utilization secretary.He had obtained bail in August 2015 after NAB served him a call notice for investigation against. Published in Daily Times, August 31st 2017.