KARACHI: Fire broke out in a garment factory situated in SITE area of the metropolis on Monday morning. The cause of the fire is said to be short circuiting. According to the fire department officials, large section of the building was damaged by the huge blaze. On receiving the information, the police and rescue department officials rushed to the scene and managed to extinguish the fire. It took five hours to bring the blaze under control. Fire officials informed daily Times that initially five fire tenders were sent to the scene to extinguish the fire but later on, around 16 fire tenders, two water boozers and several water tankers were sent from all across the metropolis which got it under control. They said it was a third-degree fire which broke out in a factory. However, fortunately no casualties and injuries occurred were reported in the incident. The fire officials further informed that a lot of factory clothing and other goods with were worth a lot was burnt to ashes in the fire.