KARACHI: The Anti Corruption Establishment , Sindh has registered a fresh case against the land grabbers who had destructed a declared cultural heritage site, the Government Jufel Hurst Secondary School on April 8, 2017, Daily Times has learnt. The case has been registered by ACE’s investigators on the directives of anti corruption court on 28 July while the ACE’s investigators have apprehended a facilitator Section Officer (SO), Ejaz Ahmed Rind who was allegedly involved in issuing fake documents from the Department of Antiquities, Sindh, to the land grabbers. The court has also handed over the accused on eight days physical remand to the examiners for further investigation.“The land grabbers had presented those fake documents as evidences into the anti-corruption court through the Public Prosecutor Arif Sitai which they have acquired from Ejaz Ahmed”, said Masroor Ahmed Jatoi, Assistant Director of ACE, added that Ahmed is a junior cleric but is severing as SO in the department of antiquities. After his involvement been proven , both government employees Ahmed and the public prosecutor have been nominated in FIR. However, the instigator of land grabbers, Adnan Habibani and his other counterparts which include Abid Shabbir, Sajjad Bashir , Zeeshan Altaf, Mukhtiarkar of Jamshed Quarters Ahmed Memon, and the City Surveyor Ghulam Fareed Chohan and then SHO of Soldier Bazar police station, Irshad Soomro who destroyed the heritage site-the Jufel school on April 28 late night, have already acquired bail from the court. “The demolished building is neither the part of the school nor a protected heritage site”, Habibani had claimed by releasing some documents to the media soon after the demolition of the school when the incident had occurred.Contrary to that, the ACE’s officials and investigators cast off the claim of land grabbers. “The school is a protected heritage site under the Sindh Cultural Heritage Act 1994 which was as well notified by the department of antiquities on 29 January 2016” insisted the land grabbers are monopolizing government employees to clutch some valuable lands even the government schools just for making money but he will tie up the enquires in the case at any cost , informed Jatoi . “After the demolition of the school, media had beaten drums loudly and there is pressure of the education minister to conclude the investigation as well” he said, added that the Karachi’s academic historic school’s building will be restored as soon as possible and the culprits will be brought to justice .The Jufel Hurts School was nationalized in 1972 since then the government had started three schools in the building’s premises running in two shifts including primary middle and high secondary respectively. However, the building was declared dangerous in 2012 and was sealed by officials of Sindh Controll Building Authority but later on the education department had forgotten about its renovation.It is pertinent to mention here that the building of the school was built by Sybil D’Abreo in 1928 on more than one acre land. Afterwards D’Abreo started a school inside the building in 1931. She renamed the building by using hers parents names. Hers mother name was Julia and father name was Felix thus she took the first two letters of her mother’s name and last three letters of her father’s name while Hurst means home, and she named her school ‘Jufel Hurst School’.“D’Abreo passed away in 80s and there is no owner of the building. The Sindh government has declared the building of Jufel Hurst School a protected heritage site” said Mohammad Shafiq, Headmaster of the school. Published in Daily Times, August 3nd 2017.