ISLAMABAD: Pakistan, on Monday, summoned the Indian deputy high commissioner to register its protest over the repetitive incidents of firing along the Line of Control (LoC).
Protesting the ceasefire violations, Director General South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (Saarc) Dr Mohammad Faisal handed over a communiqué to India’s representative.
The statement said that India's firing at Nikial sector along the LoC on Sunday injured two minors in Balakot village. Similarly, on March 18, a 60-year-old woman was killed in unprovoked firing by Indian forces at Kot Kehtera sector along the LoC.
Dr Faisal called upon Indian authorities to fulfill its obligations with regarding the ceasefire agreement.
Both the sides accuse each other of violating the 2003 ceasefire agreement along the LoC.
However, it is impossible to verify claims from either side due to lack of access to the heavily militarized zone.
Army chief General Qamar Bajwa, on his visit to the border last month, said that the violations are an attempt to distract the Pakistan Army from its fight against terrorism.