An anti-terrorism court in Lahore on Tuesday sent the prime suspect in the motorway gang-rape case, Abid Malhi, to jail on a 14-day judicial remand. The accused was brought to court under tight security, with a black hood covering his face that was removed during the proceedings. During the hearing, Judge Arshad Hussain Bhutta approved a request by the prosecution to hold an identity parade of the suspect and directed that the process be completed as soon as possible. The court also handed over the other suspect in the case, Shafqat, to police on physical remand till October 28. Abid Malhi has spilled the beans on how he managed to hide from the police for almost a month before he was finally arrested on Monday evening. According to police sources, Malhi said he had spent a month travelling through various cities in Punjab using public transport while wearing a mask over his face. The suspect revealed that he had fled to Nankana Sahib after raping the woman, while his accomplice, Shafqat, escaped to Dipalpur. With the police on his trail, Malhi fled from Nankana Sahib to Bahawalpur, where he managed to evade the police once again and avoid recognition by wearing a mask over his face. “I travelled through various cities in public transport,” the suspect was quoted as saying. He was ultimately caught after he ran out of money and was forced to contact his wife. Malhi disclosed that he and Shafqat also robbed two or three truck drivers on the motorway near Karol village before they came upon the stranded woman. A Lahore police spokesperson said that Malhi had been arrested using ‘scientific investigative methods’. CM Buzdar and IGP Punjab have announced an award for the special investigation team and the CIA officers involved in the case.