A senior Indian diplomat was summoned on Tuesday to register Pakistan’s strong protest over the ceasefire violations by the Indian occupation forces along the Line of Control (LoC) in Bagsar Sector on May 4, resulting in serious injuries to six innocent civilians. Due to indiscriminate and unprovoked firing by the Indian occupation forces, 45 year-old Waheed, 55-year-old Nazima Bibi, and 12-year-old Aqeel, residents of Khaulian village; 50-year-old Zareena Begum, and 30-year-old Shaheen Begum, residents of Penga village; and 45-year-old Jamil, resident of Bandala village, sustained serious injuries, the Foreign Office said in a press release. “Condemning the deplorable targeting of innocent civilians by the Indian occupation forces, it was underscored that such senseless acts are in clear violation of the 2003 Ceasefire Understanding, and are also against all established humanitarian norms and professional military conduct,” the statement said. “These egregious violations of international law reflect consistent Indian attempts to escalate the situation along the LoC and are a threat to regional peace and security,” it added.It was further said that by raising tensions along the LoC and the Working Boundary (WB), India cannot divert attention from the grave human rights situation in the occupied valley of Kashmir. The Indian side was called upon to respect the 2003 Ceasefire Understanding, investigate this and other such incidents of deliberate ceasefire violations and maintain peace along the LoC and the WB. The Indian side was also urged to allow the United Nations Military Observer Group in India and Pakistan (UNMOGIP) to play its mandated role as per the United Nations Security Council (UNSC) resolutions. The Indian occupation forces along the LoC and the Working Boundary have continuously been targeting civilian populated areas with artillery fire, heavy-caliber mortars and automatic weapons. During the current year, India has so far committed 957 ceasefire violations.