KARACHI: Naegleria fowleri, the brain-eating infection, claimed another life in Karachi, health officials conformed Tuesday. According to Dr Zafar Mehdi, focal person on the government facility for prevention of naegleria, the patient which has died due to Naegleria has been identified as Sarwat Atif, a 30-years old woman. Officials further added that Sarwat, resident of Gulistan-e-Johar Karachi was admitted to a private hospital few days back and died on night between Monday and Tuesday. Naegleria fowleri, the brain-eating amoeba found in freshwater, claimed 14 lives in Sindh in 2015, most of whom were residents of Karachi. According to health experts, Naegleria fowleri is an amoeba that lives in soil and freshwater. When conditions are favorable, usually in summer, it multiplies rapidly. Naegleria fowleri causes infection when water containing amoebae forcefully enters the nose.