At least 100 children were hospitalised after they ate poisonous chola chawal chaat (gram rice) in Village Amrot Sharif near Lakhi Ghulam Shah Tehsil of Shikarpur District on Eidul Fitr.As per reports, the children had consumed the chaat from a park near the village after which their condition deteriorated. At least 80 children were shifted to Lukhi Ghulam ShahTehsil Hospital and 20 others were taken to Shikarpur District Headquarters Hospital where doctors confirmed that the children were suffering from food poisoning. An emergency was also declared in Lucky Ghulam Shah Tehsil Hospital where all staff members were summoned to deal with the patients.The hospital was visited by Lakhi Ghulam Shah Member of National Assembly (MNA) Ghous Bakhsh Khan Mahar; his son, Lakhi Ghulam Shah Member of Provincial Assembly (MPA) Shaharyar Mahar; Provincial Energy Minister Imtiaz Shaikh; Shikarpur Deputy Commissioner Rahim Bux Maitlo and Shikarpur SSP. They inquired about the health of the affected children and directed the concerned officers to provide medical assistance to children. The condition of children was said to be out of danger, according to hospital sources.Local police have meanwhile started the investigation and pursuing the arrest of the chat vendor.