Six members of a family were hospitalized after eating contaminated food here on Thursday. Police said that a family hailing from Gulshan e Maymar consumed food which turned toxic due to unknown reasons. Due to eating contaminated food, condition of six family members including Rabail 28, Sania 26, Gul Hassan 11, Shehzad 24, Hira 40 and Kodal deteriorated and they fell unconscious. Upon getting the information, the police visited the house and shifted the affectees to Abbasi Shaheed Hospital. The samples of food were sent for laboratory test to know the reasons of contamination. Meanwhile, an investigation into the incident to find out whether it was accidental incident or some one intentionally poisoned the family was underway.