SARI PUL: 18 civilians including women and children have been killed and some 5,000 families have fled their homes as Taliban continues to attack Tabar valley of Sangcharak district in the northern Sari Pul province over the past four days, head of Provincial Council Mohammad Noor Rahmani said Friday. “Around 5,000 families have left their houses for safer places as Taliban militants attacks on Tabar valley have been continuing over the past four days,” Rahmani told Xinhua. He said so far 18 civilians have been killed, warning that the valley would be overrun by Taliban militants if the government fails to send reinforcement. Meanwhile, spokesman for Sari Pul provincial government Zabihullah Amani confirmed to Xinhua that the fighting is going on in Tabar area, and eight militants had been killed and three others injured. The Afghan security forces would soon launch clean-up operations to return law and order in Tabar area, he said. Published in Daily Times, December 16th 2017.