About the terms
Following are the terms to access and use Daily Times.
- A user is bound to follow the terms which would take effect as he/she first uses it. A user not following terms is advised not to use or contribute to the Dailytimes.com.pk
- Daily Times has full authority to bring changes in its terms from time to time. As a user, you are advised to review terms of the Daily Times.
Use of Dailytimes.com.pk
- As a user, you are bound to abide by code of ethics of the daily Times like you will use this site for legitimate ends and would take extra care while using the site to make sure that anything on your part does not shrink space for someone else to express his/her opinion or be active user of the site. Users are asked not to harass, cause distress or inconvenience to any person, transmit obscene or offensive content and disrupt interaction going among users through any uncalled attitude.
- All copyright, trademarks, design rights, patents and other intellectual property rights (registered or unregistered) in and on this website and all content (including all applications) of the website shall remain vested in Daily Times, Media Times Ltd. You shall not copy, reproduce, republish, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use the content of this website in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You shall not adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any content of this website except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of the content of this website requires the prior written permission of Daily Times.
- The names, images and logos identifying Daily Times or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trademarks of Daily Times and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring any license or right to use any intellectual property of Daily Times or any other third party.
Contributions to Daily Times:
- As a contributor to Daily Times, no matter which way you contribute like through text, photograph, graphics, video or audio, you give free license to Daily Times to use the material in any way it wants without any restriction. Daily Times can modify and adapt the material for Daily Times services in any media world.
- Copyright in your contribution will remain with you and this permission is not exclusive, so you can continue to use the material in any way including allowing others to use it.
- As a contributor, you make sure that your contributed material is your original work and is not defamatory or breaching any Pakistani laws. Also, once you send material to Daily Times, you permit the daily to use it for the purposes highlighted above.
- Daily Times will show your name with your contributions unless you ask yourself not to do so. Daily Times may contact you later on for administration or verification purposes vis-à-vis your contribution.
- Daily Times cautions its contributors not to endanger themselves or others by taking unnecessary risks or breaking any laws in order to create content you are going to share with the daily.
Daily Times communities:
Here are some of rules for anyone wishing to be an active member of the daily’s community that needs to observed
- Users are not supposed to show abusive behavior or share offensive material.
- User is not supposed to disseminate unlawful or objectionable content.
- Spamming or off-topic material should be avoided.
- Users should abstain from advertising or promoting.
- Users should avoid inappropriate user names.
- Users should not misuse the complaints facility.
- Users should contribute their original work.
- Users should register themselves with their valid personal email addresses.
- Users should avoid having multiple logins.
- Users should avoid pretending to be a Pakistani user when they are not, or attempting to disrupt any service in any way
Daily Times advises its users to refrain from sharing personal information in Daily Times community.
Consequences of breach of Rules:
If Daily Times comes to know about breach of its rules by any of it users, it will take cognizance of the breach and will take every possible step to stop the rule from being breached again. Moreover, in case of a breach on the part of a user, Daily Times reserves the right to delete any of his/her contribution and can take action against any of its users for breaching of its rule, without highlighting the reason for such action.
For users under 18:
Minors need to get to permission of either their parents or guardians before subscribing to any Daily Times community or contributing any piece of writing for publication.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
- Major chuck of what is posted in Daily Times community pages comes from public, so views expressed in these pages may not be reflective of what Daily Times stand for. Daily Times is not responsible for any content posted by members of the public on dailytimes.com.pk
- Daily Times posts content on the site as it is and which is available. In posting any material on the site, Daily Times tries to ensure that all content provided is correct at the time of publication; however, no responsibility is accepted for any errors, omissions or inaccurate content on the website.
- Daily Times shall not be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such damage or losses were foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise):
- loss of data
- loss of revenue or anticipated profits
- loss of business
- loss of opportunity
- loss of goodwill or injury to reputation
- losses suffered by third parties
- any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of this website regardless of the form of action.
- Daily Times does not warrant or guarantee that functions available on this website will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that dailytimes.com.pk or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs.
- The failure or delay of Daily Times to exercise or enforce any right in these terms does not amount to waiver.
- These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Pakistan