QUETTA: The lawyers boycotted proceedings of all courts across Balochistan on Monday to register their protest against the kidnapping of senior lawyer Dad Shah Qambrani.
Advocate Qambrani was reportedly kidnapped from Awaran district on Sunday and since then his whereabouts are unknown.
The Balochistan High Court and the Balochistan Bar Council called the strike. Lawyers did not appear before Balochistan High Court, Sessions Court and local Magistrates in Quetta, Mastung, Awaran, Khuzdar, Kalat, Pishin, Qila Abdullah, Qila Saifullah, Harnai, Loralai, Lasbela, Panjgur, Kech, Sibi, Jaffarabad, Naseerabad and other parts of the province.
Those who had come from different areas for hearings faced hardships as all hearings were adjourned till the next date. Balochistan Bar Association President Bilal Anwar Kasi said, “The government and its functionaries had failed to protect the life and property of the people in Balochistan where kidnappings have become a lucrative business. The government should step down if it has failed to ensure the civilian protection,” he said, adding that lawyers will continue their strike until kidnapped lawyer is recovered.
He said it could be a case of enforced disappearance but it is the government’s job to establish that fact or trace culprits.
shin, Qila Abdullah, Qila Saifullah, Harnai, Loralai, Lasbela, Panjgur, Kech, Sibi, Jaffarabad, Naseerabad and other parts of the province.
ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif on Saturday conveyed his heartfelt felicitations to United ...