Did you hear? An emoji update is coming! Starting next month, there will be 250 new emojis to choose from. And while the Unicode Consortium is ultimately releasing items like a floppy disk (huh?), a chipmunk and something called “man in business suit levitating” (I swear I’m not making this up!), what I really want to see is some more diversity in emoji beauty options. Currently there are just fourout of more than 840 total emojis. That is just grossly inadequate. So I polled my fellow editors to see what beauty emojis they want to see. Take note, Unicode Consortium, Allure reports.
1. Pink Shirt Girl wearing a topknot. What’s Pink Shirt Girl’s real name, anyway? She is one trendy gal, ‘cause she already has a lob. But we think she could use a topknot and maybe some Warby Parker glasses. But why is her auburn hair so flat? Which brings us to...
2. Pink Shirt Girl with ombré or balayage. It would give us something to answer our friends with when they ask, “Why have you been at the salon for so long?” More depth in her hair colour would, in turn, give our iMessage response more depth.
3. Pink Shirt Girl getting a blowout. Or better yet, Pink Shirt Girl blow-drying her own hair. With a sad face. Because sometimes that’s all you want to Tweet. Followed by Pink Shirt Girl making a disapproving x-shape with her arms.
4. A girl in a green face mask with cucumber eyes. To be sandwiched by the ice cream emoji and the glass of white wine. To more accurately depict our most common weekend plans.
5. Eye-shadow palettes, hairbrushes, more lipsticks, perfume bottles. One lipstick to choose from is just wrong. We need at least the top ten best-selling lipstick shades, starting with hot pink and orange. Chanel Vamp would be nice, too. We’d just generally like to see a larger percentage of our beauty stash fairly represented. And is a pretty perfume bottle with an old-timey atomizer too much to ask?
6. Hairy legs. It’s gross, yes, but it’s also the only emoji you need when answering the questions “Why aren’t you coming out tonight?” and “Are you wearing a dress today?”
7. A giant pimple, undereye bags, a cloud of frizzy hair. All your panic-inducing beauty problems, now emoji-ed.
8. Cara Delevingne’s eyebrows. Because if you can’t have them in the real world...
9. Every Essie nail-polish shade. Are you having a Mademoiselle day or are you in a Mint Candy Apple kind of mood? These are real problems, people.
10. And finally, Lupita Nyong’o.
Because she’s the epitome of fierce and fearless, our summer beauty icon, and just plain fun.
Taking a walk in natural surroundings could lead to a lower risk of depression, a new study has ...